Transneft Upper Volga has summed up results of the 2nd stage of the 1st round of the 3rd Youth Science and Technology Conference of Transneft and member organisations of the International Association of Oil Transporters.
The event was held on 20-21 November 2019 in Nizhny Novgorod. The conference was attended by 46 young specialists under the age of 30 who presented reports on topical issues of the oil pipeline industry development in six themed sections. The focus was on the topics related to petroleum products transportation and accounting, environmental safety and digital technologies.
When evaluating the reports, the contest committee considered a number of factors, namely the relevance and significance of the topic and whether it was covered in depth.
Presenting the work to the jury, its author had to prove the feasibility of its further practical application in the Company’s operations. The jury noted that participation in such contests is necessary for young specialists of Transneft Upper Volga for their professional growth. The conference winners were presented with certificates and valuable gifts.
They will take part in the next round of the International
The conference winners
In section 2 (Mechanical and Power Equipment, Corrosion Protection):
- Aleksey Kochetov and Sergey Ryabinin with a report on the Exclusion of Influence of a Single-Phase Ground Fault on the Busbar System of a 6(10)-kV Indoor Switchgear topic;
- Ruslan Pakharev with a report on the Application of Alternative Methods of Filtering Oil Using New Types of Filter Elements topic.
In section 3 (Automated Plant Control Systems; Communications):
- Aleksey Rodionov with the Automated System for Generating Applications with Masking Protection in CECAS/ACS report.
In section 5 (Supervisory control. Commodity and Transport Operations. Metrology):
- Denis Kisel with the Automation of Operational Control over Movement of Batches of Non-standard Petroleum Products through a PPTP report.
In section 6 (Economics, Management and Legal Issues):
- Anna Nogteva and Dmitry Kalyanov with a report on the Optimisation of a Warehouse by Introducing a Bar-Coding System for Materials and Equipment topic.